Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 2: Wow! Someone gave me a free car!

Woa, it's happening. Someone read my blog yesterday, and wanted to give me free housing, but he sold his house recently.

So instead, he gave me a free car!





The Matrix has been broken!

This is my first step towards moving from a market economy to a gift economy.

And that's not all. He also gave me all this Ikea furniture and other things below (which will be useful when I move.)




Here's our conversation (shared with permission):






Here's what my new friend Peter read, and why he decided to give me a car, without expecting anything in return.

I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do with the car. I may use the car to move my stuff, and give it away to someone in greater need.

There has been some interest from the media. I'm still not sure if I'll go ahead and do a TV interview (I want peace and quiet, not more media attention), but it looks like this is too big and cannot be contained...We'll see how things goes. This may be a great opportunity to share why our economic system needs to change.



No comments:

Post a Comment