Sunday, June 8, 2014

"Money as the root of health evils" - Edmonton Journal



Now we're talking!

The story is now in print in Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal and various cities across Canada.

I particularly love the Edmonton Journal's headline. I hope it sparks a discussion about how our economic system affects our health. That's all I wanted to accomplish.


Kelly Smith, an educator at McGill University teaching at Lester B. Pearson School Board, read the story in the Montreal Gazette below and contacted me.



Here's what she said (used with permission):



One of her friends has cancer and mentioned that "the loneliness aspect of the article really hit home."

That's exactly what Charles Enseintein, a mathematics grad from Yale and author says using money does -- it disconnects us from each other, our environment, and our actions. Trading money creates an illusion of separation between us. That leads to loneliness... which we all know affects our health, and studies show is even worse than smoking 15 cigarettes per day.

Vancouver is a pretty lonely city. And cancer rates aren't decreasing. So this message is very important to share.

I'm glad people are getting this!

If you want to learn more about all my references and how I became convinced that our economy is the root cause of disease, click here.





No comments:

Post a Comment